Classically styled aluminum panel.
VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display).
Green light display with 3m range.
5.25" drive bay moule.
The choice for top-level enthusiasts.
VFD content can be created by user.
Power Source 4 pin connectors
Rate Voltage 12 v
Net Weight 45g
Signal Source 25pin parallel port (printer port)
VFD (text capale) 2 x 16
Applicataion M3 screw x 4, slot cover
w/pass-thru x 1, 25pin cable x 1
1. Contrary to past solutions, where proprietary hardware and software are required to display system information outside the computer monitor, SilverStone's new VFD module utilizes widely available software on the internet to deliver highly customizable system information display.
2. VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) is a self-illuminating display that is superior to the traditional LCD in brightness, viewing angle, and clarity. The color of the display can also be changed easily by using different colored window panel in front of the VFD.
3. VFD has low power consumption and long life. Its reliability is great for continuous 24 hour running of crucial system information.
4. SilverStone's VFD module uses parallel port connector, which supports the majority of motherboards currently available on the market.
5. The FP54, with SilverStone's VFD module, has high quality aluminum casing and finish that can be elegantly integrated into any type of system or environment.
1. Installation of the FP54 casing is the same as any other 5.25" optical drive sold on the market. You can install the FP54 into an empty 5.25" drive bay in your case.
2. Connect the data cable to the back of FP54, make sure the cable's pin 1 (indicated by an arrow) is aligned with FP54's pin 1 position. On the other end, connect the cable to the back of your system's Parallel (printer) port.
3. Connect the 4 pin connector from the data cable to your power supply.
Software Download and Installation (internet connection required)
1. Download driver file Windows 95/NT Port I/O Driver (port95nt.exe) from:
a. Go to “Downloads”
b. Scroll down and click on “.exe” under Windows 95/NT Port I/O Driver
c. Complete the download request form and click on the “Submit” button to download the file.
2. Install the downloaded port driver software and restart your computer
3. Download the latest version of LCD Smartie (for example, smartie52.zip) from:
4. Unzip the downloaded file
5. Open the extracted folder and click on Smartie.exe file to open LCD Smartie status screen
6. Click “Setup” on the status screen to open the setup menu
7. Adjust the following values and click "Apply":
Scroll interval = 300
LCD Size = 2 x 16
LCD Settings = Parallel (HD44780)
8. You can now start programming your VFD
LCD Smartie Features
1. Sysinfo - Displays information such as CPU model/speed/utilization, memory capacity/usage/utilization, hard drive capacity, etc...
2. Winamp - When used in conjunction with Winamp software MP3 player, displays song title, play time, song number, and equalization information.
3. Network Stats - Displays network activity, download/upload speed, and other network information.
For additional information or instruction on how to operate LCD Smartie, please visit LCD Smartie's homepage at:
Aluminum front panel, aluminum casing
|Application||5.25” drive bay|
4 pin connector
|Signal Source||25 pin parallel port (printer/LPT1 port)|
|VFD text space||2 x 16|
|Dimension||148mm (W) x 42mm (H) x 173mm (D)|